As a dog groomer or business owner in the pet industry, selecting the right pet shampoo, for your furry clients is crucial. The type of shampoo used can make a significant difference in the health and appearance of a dog's coat, as well as their overall well-being. In this article, we'll discuss how to choose the best dog shampoo based on a dog's specific coat type, and why PRIDE+GROOM’s coat-specific shampoos are the ideal choice.
Quick Tips for How to Choose Dog Shampoo for Groomers
- Coat Type: Different dog breeds have different coat types, such as curly, straight, wiry, or double-coated. Choose a shampoo that is formulated specifically for the coat type of the dog you will be grooming.
- Skin Sensitivity: Some dogs may have sensitive skin or skin allergies. Look for a shampoo that is gentle and free from harsh chemicals like sulfates, parabens, and artificial fragrances.
- Coat Condition: If the dog has a dry or itchy coat, look for a shampoo with moisturizing ingredients like aloe vera, oatmeal, or coconut oil. For oily coats, look for a shampoo with natural degreasers like citrus or tea tree oil.
- Purpose: Consider the reason for the bath. For example, if the dog has fleas or ticks, choose a shampoo with natural insecticides like neem oil or pyrethrin. If the dog has a skin condition like dermatitis or hot spots, choose a medicated shampoo recommended by a veterinarian.
- Brand Reputation: Choose a reputable brand that is known for producing high-quality, professional dog shampoos.
- Cost: While cost should not be the only factor, consider the value for the price when selecting a dog shampoo. Look for shampoos that offer a good balance between quality and cost
Coat-Specific Shampoos: What Are They?
First, let's talk about what coat-specific shampoos are. These are shampoos that are designed specifically for different coat types, such as short-haired, long-haired, curly, or double-coated dogs. These shampoos are formulated to address the unique needs of each coat type, such as removing excess oil, detangling, and moisturizing. Coat-specific shampoos can also help to prevent and treat common skin and coat issues like dryness, dandruff, and matting.
Coat-specific shampoos are designed to address specific issues related to wet dog smell and to different coat types. For example, dogs with long hair may need a shampoo that helps detangle their hair, while dogs with sensitive skin may need a gentle shampoo that won't irritate their skin. Using a coat-specific shampoo can help maintain the natural oils in the skin and coat, reduce shedding, and promote healthy skin and coat.
Choosing the Best Dog Shampoo for Specific Coat Types
When it comes to choosing the best shampoo for a dog's specific coat type, there are several factors to consider. Here are some tips to help you make the right choice:
- Understand the Dog's Coat Type: The first step is to understand the dog's coat type. This will help you to choose a shampoo that is specifically formulated for their coat type. For example, a long-haired dog will require a shampoo that helps to detangle and prevent matting, while a short-haired dog will benefit from a shampoo that removes excess oil.
- Look for Natural Ingredients: The next step is to look for shampoos that contain natural ingredients. These are typically gentler on a dog's skin and coat, and less likely to cause irritation or dryness. Avoid shampoos that contain harsh chemicals like sulfates, parabens, and artificial fragrances.
- Consider Any Skin or Coat Issues:If the dog has any specific skin or coat issues, such as dryness or dandruff, look for shampoos that are formulated to address these issues. For example, a dog with dry skin may benefit from a shampoo that contains oatmeal or aloe vera.
- Check the pH Level:The pH level of a dog's skin is different from that of humans, so it's important to choose a shampoo that is pH balanced for dogs. This will help to prevent skin irritation and maintain a healthy skin and coat.
Why Choose PRIDE+GROOM Coat-Specific Shampoos
At PRIDE+GROOM, we offer a range of coat-specific shampoos that are designed to meet the unique needs of different coat types. Here are some of the reasons why our shampoos are the ideal choice for dog groomers and business owners:
- Natural Ingredients: Our shampoos are made with natural ingredients that are gentle on a dog's skin and coat. We use ingredients like aloe vera, oatmeal, and chamomile to soothe and nourish the skin, and avoid harsh chemicals that can cause irritation or dryness.
- pH Balanced:pH level of our products is matched to dog’s skin, which means they help to maintain a healthy skin and coat without causing irritation or dryness.
- Coat-Specific Formulas: Our shampoos are specifically formulated for different coat types, so you can choose the right shampoo for each of your furry clients. Whether you're grooming a short-haired Chihuahua or a long-haired Golden Retriever, we have a shampoo that is tailored to their needs.
- Effective and Affordable: Our all-natural formula is effective at cleaning, moisturizing, and detangling, while also being affordable for groomers and business owners. We understand the importance of providing high-quality products that don't break the bank, and our coat-specific shampoos are no exception.
Our Coat-Specific Shampoos
Now that we've discussed the importance of choosing the right shampoo for a dog's specific coat type and why PRIDE+GROOMs coat-specific shampoos are the ideal choice, let's take a closer look at our products. At PRIDE+GROOM, we offer a range of coat-specific shampoos that are designed to meet the unique needs of different coat types. Our shampoos are available in bulk on our website, and we've highlighted three of our most popular coat-specific shampoos below.
The Shedder Shampoo
If you have clients with fur instead of hair, you know how challenging it can be to maintain their coat. Our Shedder Shampoo is formulated specifically for dogs with fur, providing super moisturization for the coat and the skin beneath. This shampoo helps reduce shedding and promotes healthy skin and coat by nourishing the hair follicles. It contains natural ingredients to soothe and moisturize the dry and itchy skin below. With regular use, your furry clients will have a shiny and healthy coat that sheds less.
The Shedder Shampoo is perfect for such breeds:
- Goldend Retrievers
- Labrador Retrievers
- German Sheppards
- French Bulldogs
The Non-Shedder Shampoo
While some breeds shed excessively, others have minimal shedding. Our Non-Shedder Shampoo is formulated to moisturize and nourish both the coat and the skin beneath which shampoo is best for dog dogs with minimal shedding. It contains natural ingredients like coconut oil, chamomile, and lavender to hydrate and soothe the skin. This shampoo also has a fresh signature scent that will leave your clients smelling great. With regular use, you'll notice a significant improvement in the appearance and texture of your furry clients' coat.
Following breeds will love the Non-Shedder Shampoo:
- Shih Tzus
The Sensitive One Shampoo
If you have clients with sensitive skin, you know how important for itchy skin is to use a gentle shampoo that won't irritate their skin. Our Sensitive One Shampoo is an all-natural blend of essential oils and gentle ingredients that soothe and regulate skin and follicles. It contains natural ingredients like jojoba oil, aloe vera, and chamomile to moisturize and soothe the skin. This shampoo is pH balanced for dogs, making it gentle enough for puppies and dogs with sensitive skin. With regular use, you'll notice a significant improvement in the appearance and health of your furry clients' coat and skin.
This shampoo is perfect for puppies under 12 weeks, and it can be your safe bet for all new clients!
Our Top Professional Dog Shampoo
"The Shedder" is Our Top Professional Dog Shampoo. This specially formulated product is designed for dogs with fur (rather than hair), and it works wonders to keep loose fur and dander under control.
But The Shedder is much more than just a shedding control product. It's a moisturizing and nourishing formula that provides benefits for both your dog's coat and the skin beneath. With regular use, The Shedder helps to reduce itchiness and dryness from irritated skin, leaving your dog's coat looking shiny and healthy.
Not only that, but The Shedder also helps to promote healthy skin by soothing irritation and inflammation. This means that your dog will feel more comfortable, and you'll be able to enjoy snuggles without worrying about allergies or other serious skin issues and irritations.
Our top picks for the best dog shampoos in 2023
- The Shedder Shampoo for dogs with fur
- The Non-Shedder Shampoo for dogs with minimal shedding
- The Sensitive One for Dogs having sensitive skin
At PRIDE+GROOM we understand the importance of using coat-specific shampoos to maintain the health and appearance of your furry clients. Our range of coat-specific shampoos, including The Shedder, The Non-Shedder, and The Sensitive One, are formulated with natural ingredients and are pH balanced for dogs. They are available in bulk on our website, making them an affordable and convenient choice for dog groomers and business owners. Visit our website today to learn more about our products and how they can benefit your business.
What human shampoo can Groomers use on my dog?
It is generally not recommended to use human shampoo on dogs, as the pH level of human skin is different from that of dogs. Using a human shampoo on your dog can strip their skin and coat of natural oils, leading to dryness, itching, and irritation.
What dog shampoos do groomers use?
Non-Shedder by Pride and Groom is the Best dog shampoo for Groomers. This shampoo is specially formulated to reduce shedding and promote healthy skin and coat in dog
How do groomers get dogs to smell so good?
Groomers clean the dogs and eliminate dirt and oils. It also uses special scents and shampoos which are pleasant for your pet.
What kind of shampoo do most dog groomers use?
There isn't a one-size-fits-all answer to what kind of shampoo most dog groomers use, as different groomers may have different preferences based on their individual needs and the needs of their client's dogs. However, many groomers prefer to use shampoos that are pH-balanced, made with natural ingredients, and specifically formulated for dogs with different coat types and skin sensitivities. Additionally, shampoos with conditioningproperties and pleasant scents may also be popular among groomers. Ultimately, the best shampoo for a groomer to use will depend on a variety of factors, including the individual needs of their client's dogs and their own personal preferences.
How do I choose the best shampoo for a client's dog?
When choosing the best shampoo for a client's dog, there are several factors to consider. First, consider the dog's coat type and choose a shampoo that is specifically formulated for that type of coat. Look for shampoos made with natural ingredients and avoid those with harsh chemicals like sulfates and parabens.